The Dump Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.9 °C
The Dump in Eleuthera is a sheltered point break that has pretty consitent surf. The favoured time of year for waves is autumn. The best wind direction is from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Best around mid tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall The Dump Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph describes the range of swells directed at The Dump through a typical July, ba... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Dump surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eleuthera surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Dump
Visitor Reviews of The Dump
Tide stations nearest to The Dump:
- Closest tide stationEleuthera Island (west coast)12 mi
- Second closest tide stationEleuthera Island (east coast)35 mi
- Third closest tide stationNassau, New Providence Island57 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPelican Harbour, Abaco Island78 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarsh Harbour89 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Dump:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)778 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)784 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)784 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)791 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)792 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Dump:
- Closest city locationNassau (Bahamas)57 mi
- Second closest city locationLucaya (Bahamas)158 mi
- Third closest city locationFreeport (Bahamas)161 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMiami Beach (United States)229 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAventura (United States)232 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Dump is Governors Harbour (Governor's Harbor) Airport (GHB) in Bahamas, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Dump is North Eleuthera Airport (ELH), also in Bahamas, 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Rock Sound Airport (RSD) in Bahamas, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Nassau International Airport (NAS) in Bahamas is 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Chub Cay Airport (CCZ), also in Bahamas is the fifth nearest airport to The Dump and is 141 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Dump, Eleuthera. Use the tab navigation above to view The Dump sea temperature, The Dump photographs, The Dump detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Dump webcams, current wind from Eleuthera live weather stations and The Dump tide predictions. The Bahamas swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bahamas and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bahamas wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Dump.