The Cove at Sandy Hook Spot ID
Photo credit: Brad
Type: beach and point(Jetty)
Best: Swell S | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.2 °C
The Cove at Sandy Hook in New Jersey is a fairly exposed beach and point(Jetty) break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the south. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. A popular wave that can get growded. Watch out for rocks and pollution.
For Sandy Hook, New Jersey, 3 km from The Cove at Sandy Hook.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-SDHN4, 3 km from The Cove at Sandy Hook.
|light winds from the S|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 16 miles from The Cove at Sandy Hook.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||14||12||14|
Overall The Cove at Sandy Hook Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image describes the range of swells directed at The Cove at Sandy Hook through a t... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Cove at Sandy Hook surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Jersey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Cove at Sandy Hook
Visitor Reviews of The Cove at Sandy Hook
“Caught this place about 10 years ago......
It was so good....big a frames take off in front of the rocks, barrel, spit out into the long wall of the cove.
Get it on a big south and you will never forget it!”
Lou Maresca from UNITED STATES - 06 Jul 2014
Tide stations nearest to The Cove at Sandy Hook:
- Closest tide stationSandy Hook2 mi
- Second closest tide stationAtlantic Highlands4 mi
- Third closest tide stationHighlands4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHighlands, Route 36 bridge, Shrewsbury River4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOceanic Bridge, Navesink River6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Cove at Sandy Hook:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)43 mi
- Second closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)53 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)56 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMountain Creek Resort (United States)58 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHidden Valley Club (United States)58 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Cove at Sandy Hook:
- Closest city locationConey Island (United States)9 mi
- Second closest city locationBensonhurst (United States)10 mi
- Third closest city locationLong Branch (United States)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBrooklyn (United States)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEast New York (United States)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Cove at Sandy Hook is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Cove at Sandy Hook is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), also in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA) in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) in USA is 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Lakehurst Naes Airport (NEL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Cove at Sandy Hook and is 56 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Cove at Sandy Hook, New Jersey. Use the tab navigation above to view The Cove at Sandy Hook sea temperature, The Cove at Sandy Hook photographs, The Cove at Sandy Hook detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Cove at Sandy Hook webcams, current wind from New Jersey live weather stations and The Cove at Sandy Hook tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Cove at Sandy Hook.