The Core Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.7 °C
The Core in - is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the best wave direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall The Core Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at The Core through a typical Ma... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Core surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Core
- The closest passenger airport to The Core is Sungshan (Taipei) Airport (TSA) in Taiwan, 44 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Core is Chiang Kai Shek International (Taipei) Airport (TPE), also in Taiwan, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Hualien Airport (HUN) in Taiwan, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Yonaguni Airport (OGN) in Japan is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Taichung (Chung) Airport (TXG) in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to The Core and is 133 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Core, North. Use the tab navigation above to view The Core sea temperature, The Core photographs, The Core detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Core webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and The Core tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Core.