The Core Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
The Core in - is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the best wave direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall The Core Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at The Core over a normal Jul... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Core surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Core
Tide stations nearest to The Core:
- Closest tide stationChi Lung27 mi
- Second closest tide stationHsinchu53 mi
- Third closest tide stationHualien City56 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKubura73 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHikawa (Yonakuni Sima)78 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Core:
- Closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)778 mi
- Second closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)781 mi
- Third closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)793 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)808 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaEden Valley Resort (South Korea)853 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Core:
- Closest city locationI-lan4 mi
- Second closest city locationKeelung27 mi
- Third closest city locationTaipei29 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTa-hsi34 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTaoyuan City36 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Core is Sungshan (Taipei) Airport (TSA) in Taiwan, 44 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Core is Chiang Kai Shek International (Taipei) Airport (TPE), also in Taiwan, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Hualien Airport (HUN) in Taiwan, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Yonaguni Airport (OGN) in Japan is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Taichung (Chung) Airport (TXG) in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to The Core and is 133 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Core, North. Use the tab navigation above to view The Core sea temperature, The Core photographs, The Core detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Core webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and The Core tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Core.