The Colonia Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.7 °C
The Colonia in Colima is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Rarely crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall The Colonia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at The Colonia over a normal Octob... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Colonia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Colima surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Colonia
Tide stations nearest to The Colonia:
- Closest tide stationManzanillo17 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Patricio44 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta137 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLazaro Cardenas142 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCardenas (Melchor Ocampo)145 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Colonia:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)998 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1022 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)1093 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1134 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1161 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Colonia:
- Closest city locationTecoman (Mexico)15 mi
- Second closest city locationManzanillo (Mexico)16 mi
- Third closest city locationColimas (Mexico)32 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVilla de Alvarez (Mexico)33 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro (Mexico)60 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Colonia is Playa De Oro International (Manzanillo) Airport (ZLO) in Mexico, which is 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Colonia is Colima Airport (CLQ), also in Mexico, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Don Miguel Y Hidalgo International (Guadalajara) Airport (GDL), also in Mexico, 195 km (121 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Colonia, Colima. Use the tab navigation above to view The Colonia sea temperature, The Colonia photographs, The Colonia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Colonia webcams, current wind from Colima live weather stations and The Colonia tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Colonia.