The Breakwater-St Ives Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.5 °C
The Breakwater-St Ives in North Cornwall is a quite exposed point break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the south. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. No beach break here and there is a left hand point break too. It's sometimes crowded here. Water quality is rather poor here.
For St Ives, 1 km from The Breakwater-St Ives.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Camborne, 16 km from The Breakwater-St Ives.
|moderate winds from the SE|
At Sevenstones Buoy, 29 miles from The Breakwater-St Ives.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||7||7||6||7|
Overall The Breakwater-St Ives Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at The Breakwater-St Ives over ... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Breakwater-St Ives surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Breakwater-St Ives
Visitor Reviews of The Breakwater-St Ives
Tide stations nearest to The Breakwater-St Ives:
- Closest tide stationSt Ives1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHayle4 mi
- Third closest tide stationNewlyn9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPenryn17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFalmouth19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Breakwater-St Ives:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)290 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)317 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)339 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)339 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)339 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Breakwater-St Ives:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)59 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)86 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)86 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)86 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorbay (United Kingdom)89 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Breakwater-St Ives is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Breakwater-St Ives is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to The Breakwater-St Ives and is 199 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Breakwater-St Ives, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view The Breakwater-St Ives sea temperature, The Breakwater-St Ives photographs, The Breakwater-St Ives detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Breakwater-St Ives webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and The Breakwater-St Ives tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Breakwater-St Ives.