Thaila Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.4 °C
Thaila in Orange Countyis a reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rocks and locals.
For Laguna Beach, 1 km from Thaila.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Laguna Beach, 1 km from Thaila.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 73 miles from Thaila.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||6||7||7|
Overall Thaila Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Thaila through a typical August ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Thaila surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Thaila
Visitor Reviews of Thaila
Tide stations nearest to Thaila:
- Closest tide stationLaguna Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaguna Niguel4 mi
- Third closest tide stationDana Point7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBalboa Pier, Newport Beach8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Thaila:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)46 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)58 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)59 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)63 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)70 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Thaila:
- Closest city locationAliso Viejo (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationLaguna Niguel (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationLaguna Hills (United States)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDana Point (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano (United States)7 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Thaila, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Thaila sea temperature, Thaila photographs, Thaila detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Thaila webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Thaila tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Thaila.