Teouma Bay Spot ID
Photo credit: richard butler
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.6 °C
Teouma Bay in Efate is a sheltered reef break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. There are left and right breaking reefs. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for sharks,coral.
For Rusty Barrel, 5 km from Teouma Bay.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bauerfield International Airport, 13 km from Teouma Bay.
|moderate winds from the SSE|
Overall Teouma Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Teouma Bay over a normal November ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Teouma Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Efate surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Teouma Bay
Visitor Reviews of Teouma Bay
“We are building a land subdivision coral cove estate and small resort Pacific Haven resort that fronts onto Teouma bay just 12 to 15 minutes drive from Port Villa. The bay is fantastic with a fabulous beach restaurant "Tamanu" at the narrow point. Totally awesome place.”
richard butler from AUSTRALIA - 12 Jun 2010
Tide stations nearest to Teouma Bay:
- Closest tide stationPort Vila5 mi
- Second closest tide stationForari14 mi
- Third closest tide stationSanto178 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTangao178 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWe227 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Teouma Bay:
- Closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1526 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1543 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1548 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1549 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)1686 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Teouma Bay:
- Closest city locationPort Vila (Vanuatu)6 mi
- Second closest city locationNoumea (New Caledonia)334 mi
- Third closest city locationNandi (Fiji)595 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)600 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSuva (Fiji)661 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Teouma Bay is Port Vila Bauerfield (Port-vila) Airport (VLI) in Vanuatu, which is 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Teouma Bay is Ouanaham (Lifou) Airport (LIF) in New Caledonia, 352 km (219 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Teouma Bay, Efate. Use the tab navigation above to view Teouma Bay sea temperature, Teouma Bay photographs, Teouma Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Teouma Bay webcams, current wind from Efate live weather stations and Teouma Bay tide predictions. The Vanuatu swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Vanuatu and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Vanuatu wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Teouma Bay.