Teahupoo Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Tahiti, French Polynesia)
Teahupoo Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.6 °C
Teahupoo in Tahiti is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. A left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Take care of rocks,urchins and sharks.
Overall Teahupoo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Teahupoo through a typ... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Teahupoo surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Teahupoo
Visitor Reviews of Teahupoo
Tide stations nearest to Teahupoo:
- Closest tide stationAfaahiti7 mi
- Second closest tide stationPaea25 mi
- Third closest tide stationPunaauia28 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMahina28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMataiva29 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Teahupoo:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2572 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2574 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2578 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2648 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2781 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Teahupoo:
- Closest city locationPunaauia (French Polynesia)28 mi
- Second closest city locationPapeete (French Polynesia)29 mi
- Third closest city locationFaaa (French Polynesia)31 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1519 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSuva (Fiji)2123 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Teahupoo is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 68 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Teahupoo is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 229 km (142 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Teahupoo, Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Teahupoo sea temperature, Teahupoo photographs, Teahupoo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Teahupoo webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Teahupoo tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Teahupoo.