Tay street Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.7 °C
Tay street in Bay of Plenty is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around high tide. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include .
Overall Tay street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Tay street through an aver... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tay street surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tay street
Tide stations nearest to Tay street:
- Closest tide stationTauranga1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island44 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoutohora (Whale) Island45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTairua48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWhakatane48 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tay street:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa115 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino117 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa121 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui162 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow342 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tay street:
- Closest city locationTauranga3 mi
- Second closest city locationRotorua34 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton50 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau86 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorthshore98 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tay street is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tay street is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Tay street and is 122 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tay street, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Tay street sea temperature, Tay street photographs, Tay street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tay street webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Tay street tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tay street.