Tawu Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Tawu Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.4 °C
Tawu in - is an exposed river break that has unreliable waves. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the west northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the southeast. The river break provides left and right handers. Rarely crowded here. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Tawu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Tawu through a typical April... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tawu surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tawu
Visitor Reviews of Tawu
Tide stations nearest to Tawu:
- Closest tide stationHeng-ch'un24 mi
- Second closest tide stationTaitung City35 mi
- Third closest tide stationKaohsiung44 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHuludao53 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTainan City64 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tawu:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)946 mi
- Second closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)949 mi
- Third closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)959 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)975 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaEden Valley Resort (South Korea)1029 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tawu:
- Closest city locationHeng-ch'un (Taiwan)24 mi
- Second closest city locationDonggang (China)30 mi
- Third closest city locationTaitung City (Taiwan)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPingdong Luqiao (Taiwan)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKaohsiung (Taiwan)43 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tawu is Fengnin Airport (TTT) in Taiwan, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tawu is Pingtung South Airport (PIF), also in Taiwan, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH) in Taiwan, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Green Island Airport (GNI) in Taiwan is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Lanyu Airport (KYD), also in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to Tawu and is 74 km (46 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tawu, South. Use the tab navigation above to view Tawu sea temperature, Tawu photographs, Tawu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tawu webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and Tawu tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tawu.