Tawu Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.7 °C
Tawu in - is an exposed river break that has unreliable waves. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the west northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the southeast. The river break provides left and right handers. Rarely crowded here. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Tawu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Tawu over a normal Aug... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tawu surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tawu
- The closest passenger airport to Tawu is Fengnin Airport (TTT) in Taiwan, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tawu is Pingtung South Airport (PIF), also in Taiwan, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH) in Taiwan, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Green Island Airport (GNI) in Taiwan is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Lanyu Airport (KYD), also in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to Tawu and is 74 km (46 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tawu, South. Use the tab navigation above to view Tawu sea temperature, Tawu photographs, Tawu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tawu webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and Tawu tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tawu.