Tivives Spot ID
Photo credit: Mario Ruta
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.5 °C
Tavives in Golfo de Nicoya is a fairly exposed beach break that does not work very often The best wind direction is from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and polluition.
Overall Tivives Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Tivives through a typical De... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tivives surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tivives
Ski Resorts closest to Tivives:
- The closest passenger airport to Tivives is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica, 55 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tivives is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP), also in Costa Rica, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Nosara Airport (NOB) in Costa Rica, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Tivives and is 168 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tivives, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Tivives sea temperature, Tivives photographs, Tivives detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tivives webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Tivives tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tivives.