Tamarindo Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Guanacaste, Costa Rica)
Tamarindo Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.0 °C
Tamarindo in Guanacaste is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. It's often crowded here. Beware of .
Overall Tamarindo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Tamarindo through an average A... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tamarindo surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guanacaste surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tamarindo
Visitor Reviews of Tamarindo
Tide stations nearest to Tamarindo:
- Closest tide stationSan Juan del Sur65 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta Arenas73 mi
- Third closest tide stationChacarita75 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMasachapa112 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Juan del Norte (Greytown)152 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tamarindo:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1457 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1677 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1714 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1717 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1725 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tamarindo:
- Closest city locationLiberia (Costa Rica)35 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Jose (Costa Rica)67 mi
- Third closest city locationPuntarenas (Costa Rica)72 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChacarita (Costa Rica)75 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRivas (Nicaragua)78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tamarindo is Nosara Airport (NOB) in Costa Rica, which is 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tamarindo is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR), also in Costa Rica, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), also in Costa Rica, 182 km (113 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tamarindo, Guanacaste. Use the tab navigation above to view Tamarindo sea temperature, Tamarindo photographs, Tamarindo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tamarindo webcams, current wind from Guanacaste live weather stations and Tamarindo tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tamarindo.