Takapuna-North Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.8 °C
Takapuna-North Reef in Auckland East Coast is a sheltered beach break that has inconsistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. The best wind direction is from the west. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around high tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of locals and pollution.
Overall Takapuna-North Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Takapuna-North Reef through a ... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Takapuna-North Reef surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Auckland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Takapuna-North Reef
- The closest passenger airport to Takapuna-North Reef is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Takapuna-North Reef is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand is 164 km (102 miles) away.
- Kerikeri Airport (KKE), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Takapuna-North Reef and is 181 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Takapuna-North Reef, Auckland. Use the tab navigation above to view Takapuna-North Reef sea temperature, Takapuna-North Reef photographs, Takapuna-North Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Takapuna-North Reef webcams, current wind from Auckland live weather stations and Takapuna-North Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Takapuna-North Reef.