Takapuna-North Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.7 °C
Takapuna-North Reef in Auckland East Coast is a sheltered beach break that has inconsistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. The best wind direction is from the west. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around high tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of locals and pollution.
For Murrays Bay, New Zealand, 1 km from Takapuna-North Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hauraki Gulf (Bean Rock), 13 km from Takapuna-North Reef.
|light winds from the SE|
No weather report
Overall Takapuna-North Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Takapuna-North Reef over a norma... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Takapuna-North Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Auckland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Takapuna-North Reef
Visitor Reviews of Takapuna-North Reef
Tide stations nearest to Takapuna-North Reef:
- Closest tide stationMurrays Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationOnetaunga Bay6 mi
- Third closest tide stationWeiti River6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAuckland8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTiritiri Matangi Island12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Takapuna-North Reef:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)178 mi
- Second closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)181 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)182 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)183 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)369 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Takapuna-North Reef:
- Closest city locationNorthshore (New Zealand)4 mi
- Second closest city locationWaitakere (New Zealand)14 mi
- Third closest city locationAuckland (New Zealand)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau (New Zealand)18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWhangarei (New Zealand)73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Takapuna-North Reef is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Takapuna-North Reef is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand is 164 km (102 miles) away.
- Kerikeri Airport (KKE), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Takapuna-North Reef and is 181 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Takapuna-North Reef, Auckland. Use the tab navigation above to view Takapuna-North Reef sea temperature, Takapuna-North Reef photographs, Takapuna-North Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Takapuna-North Reef webcams, current wind from Auckland live weather stations and Takapuna-North Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Takapuna-North Reef.