TairuaBeach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(The Coromandel, New Zealand)
TairuaBeach Spot ID
Photo credit: local
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.6 °C
TairuaBeach in Coromandel is a reasonably exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Works best in offshore winds from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach are mainly rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall TairuaBeach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at TairuaBeach through an average M... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single TairuaBeach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Coromandel surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of TairuaBeach
Visitor Reviews of TairuaBeach
Tide stations nearest to TairuaBeach:
- Closest tide stationTairua1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island6 mi
- Third closest tide stationWhitianga14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRocky Point (Thames)21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoromandel Harbour27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to TairuaBeach:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)155 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)158 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)162 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)186 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)374 mi
Town and city forecasts close to TairuaBeach:
- Closest city locationTauranga (New Zealand)50 mi
- Second closest city locationManukau (New Zealand)54 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton (New Zealand)62 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorthshore (New Zealand)62 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAuckland (New Zealand)70 mi
- The closest passenger airport to TairuaBeach is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to TairuaBeach is Auckland International Airport (AKL), also in New Zealand, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to TairuaBeach and is 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for TairuaBeach, Coromandel. Use the tab navigation above to view TairuaBeach sea temperature, TairuaBeach photographs, TairuaBeach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, TairuaBeach webcams, current wind from Coromandel live weather stations and TairuaBeach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around TairuaBeach.