TairuaBeach Spot ID
Photo credit: local
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.2 °C
TairuaBeach in Coromandel is a reasonably exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Works best in offshore winds from the southwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach are mainly rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall TairuaBeach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the range of swells directed at TairuaBeach through a typical June... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single TairuaBeach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Coromandel surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of TairuaBeach
Tide stations nearest to TairuaBeach:
- Closest tide stationTairua1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island6 mi
- Third closest tide stationWhitianga14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRocky Point (Thames)21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoromandel Harbour27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to TairuaBeach:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa155 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino158 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa162 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui186 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow374 mi
Town and city forecasts close to TairuaBeach:
- Closest city locationTauranga50 mi
- Second closest city locationManukau54 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton62 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorthshore62 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAuckland70 mi
- The closest passenger airport to TairuaBeach is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to TairuaBeach is Auckland International Airport (AKL), also in New Zealand, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to TairuaBeach and is 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for TairuaBeach, Coromandel. Use the tab navigation above to view TairuaBeach sea temperature, TairuaBeach photographs, TairuaBeach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, TairuaBeach webcams, current wind from Coromandel live weather stations and TairuaBeach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around TairuaBeach.