Surfside Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Surfside Pier in South Carolinais a beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of sharks,.
For Garden City Bridge, Main Creek, South Carolina, 4 km from Surfside Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Surfside Beach, 2 km from Surfside Pier.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Surfside Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Surfside Pier through a typica... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Surfside Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Surfside Pier
Tide stations nearest to Surfside Pier:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Surfside Pier is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Surfside Pier is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO), also in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Surfside Pier and is 127 km (79 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Surfside Pier, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Surfside Pier sea temperature, Surfside Pier photographs, Surfside Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Surfside Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Surfside Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Surfside Pier.