Surfers Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Josh Roggenthien
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.6 °C
Surfers Beach in Eleuthera is an exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Both left (best) and right reef breaks.. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall Surfers Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Surfers Beach through a typical No... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Surfers Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eleuthera surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Surfers Beach
Visitor Reviews of Surfers Beach
“Went July 11th & 12th - there was action both days with swells roughly 3-5ft. Most waves didn't have much power and would become mushy but deff worth a trip out there if your itchin to paddle out. Can't wait to hit it up next time I'm back out in the Bahamas. Rocky road to get there but you can easily walk it. When you get on the beach there is this cool little hut with old school broken boards and buoy's, ropes and other cool stuff that drifted from sea. There will be some rubbish so be sure to keep this spot clean like you would do so for your own beach. TONS OF SEA GLASS & SWEET SHELLS if the surf is poor!!!! Most waves would die out this time of year, but it was really worth the wait & experience. Sets are consistent and come in between the surfers hut to roughly the cross. Don't forget your volley ball because there is a net set up too! GET OUT AND PLAYYYYY - SURFER PETE HOOKES IT UP WITH SOME SWEET BOARDS IF YOUR IN NEED”
Vinnie from UNITED STATES - 13 Jul 2013
Tide stations nearest to Surfers Beach:
- Closest tide stationEleuthera Island (west coast)15 mi
- Second closest tide stationEleuthera Island (east coast)39 mi
- Third closest tide stationNassau, New Providence Island56 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPelican Harbour, Abaco Island75 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarsh Harbour86 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Surfers Beach:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)775 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)781 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)782 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)789 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)789 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Surfers Beach:
- Closest city locationNassau (Bahamas)56 mi
- Second closest city locationLucaya (Bahamas)156 mi
- Third closest city locationFreeport (Bahamas)158 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMiami Beach (United States)227 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAventura (United States)229 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Surfers Beach is North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) in Bahamas, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Surfers Beach is Governors Harbour (Governor's Harbor) Airport (GHB), also in Bahamas, 21 km (13 miles) away.
- Third is Rock Sound Airport (RSD) in Bahamas, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Nassau International Airport (NAS) in Bahamas is 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Chub Cay Airport (CCZ), also in Bahamas is the fifth nearest airport to Surfers Beach and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Surfers Beach, Eleuthera. Use the tab navigation above to view Surfers Beach sea temperature, Surfers Beach photographs, Surfers Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Surfers Beach webcams, current wind from Eleuthera live weather stations and Surfers Beach tide predictions. The Bahamas swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bahamas and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bahamas wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Surfers Beach.