Surf City Pier Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
Surf City Pier in North Carolinais a sandbar break that is often working and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Sometimes crowded. Beware of - Localism - Sharks.
For Ocean City Beach (fishing pier), North Carolina, 5 km from Surf City Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New Topsail Beach, 12 km from Surf City Pier.
|moderate winds from the E|
Overall Surf City Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Surf City Pier through an averag... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Surf City Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Surf City Pier
- The closest passenger airport to Surf City Pier is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Surf City Pier is Wilmington International Airport (ILM), also in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN) in USA is 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Seymour Johnson Afb (Goldsboro) Airport (GSB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Surf City Pier and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Surf City Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Surf City Pier sea temperature, Surf City Pier photographs, Surf City Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Surf City Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Surf City Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Surf City Pier.