Surf City Pier Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.2 °C
Surf City Pier in North Carolinais a sandbar break that is often working and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Localism - Sharks.
For Ocean City Beach (fishing pier), North Carolina, 5 km from Surf City Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New Topsail Beach, 12 km from Surf City Pier.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Surf City Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Surf City Pier through an ave... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Surf City Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Surf City Pier
Tide stations nearest to Surf City Pier:
- Closest tide stationOcean City Beach (fishing pier)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationNew Topsail Inlet6 mi
- Third closest tide stationNew River Inlet14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBannermans Branch, Northeast River17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOgden19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Surf City Pier:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)247 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)251 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)262 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)270 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)273 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Surf City Pier:
- Closest city locationWilmington (United States)23 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville (United States)24 mi
- Third closest city locationNew Bern (United States)55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGreenville (United States)83 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Surf City Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Surf City Pier sea temperature, Surf City Pier photographs, Surf City Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Surf City Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Surf City Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Surf City Pier.