Sunset Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.6 °C
Sunset in - is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The reef provides both left and right breaks. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include fire coral.
Overall Sunset Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Sunset through an average November,... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunset surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tobago surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunset
Tide stations nearest to Sunset:
- Closest tide stationScarborough, Tobago7 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort of Spain, Trinidad58 mi
- Third closest tide stationCouva67 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMarabella73 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Fernando74 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sunset:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1815 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1977 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)2145 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)2159 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)2161 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sunset:
- Closest city locationArima (Trinidad and Tobago)48 mi
- Second closest city locationLaventille (Trinidad and Tobago)57 mi
- Third closest city locationPort-Of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)58 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChaguanas (Trinidad and Tobago)60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRio Claro (Trinidad and Tobago)65 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sunset is Crown Point (Scarborough) Airport (TAB) in Trinidad & Tobago, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunset is Piarco (Port-of-spain) Airport (POS), also in Trinidad & Tobago, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Point Salines International Airport (GND) in Grenada, 138 km (86 miles) away.
- Guiria Airport (GUI) in Venezuela is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Canouan Airport (CIW) in St.vincent/grenadines is the fifth nearest airport to Sunset and is 178 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunset, Tobago. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunset sea temperature, Sunset photographs, Sunset detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunset webcams, current wind from Tobago live weather stations and Sunset tide predictions. The Trinidad and Tobago swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Trinidad and Tobago and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Trinidad and Tobago wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunset.