Sunset Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Sunset in - is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The reef provides both left and right breaks. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include fire coral.
Overall Sunset Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Sunset through a typical May and is bas... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunset surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tobago surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunset
Ski Resorts closest to Sunset:
- The closest passenger airport to Sunset is Crown Point (Scarborough) Airport (TAB) in Trinidad & Tobago, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunset is Piarco (Port-of-spain) Airport (POS), also in Trinidad & Tobago, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Point Salines International Airport (GND) in Grenada, 138 km (86 miles) away.
- Guiria Airport (GUI) in Venezuela is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Canouan Airport (CIW) in St.vincent/grenadines is the fifth nearest airport to Sunset and is 178 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunset, Tobago. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunset sea temperature, Sunset photographs, Sunset detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunset webcams, current wind from Tobago live weather stations and Sunset tide predictions. The Trinidad and Tobago swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Trinidad and Tobago and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Trinidad and Tobago wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunset.