Sunset Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Sunset in - is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The reef provides both left and right breaks. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include fire coral.
Overall Sunset Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Sunset through a typical June, bas... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunset surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tobago surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunset
Tide stations nearest to Sunset:
- Closest tide stationScarborough, Tobago7 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort of Spain, Trinidad58 mi
- Third closest tide stationCouva67 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMarabella73 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Fernando74 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sunset:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1815 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1977 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)2145 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)2159 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)2161 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sunset:
- Closest city locationArima48 mi
- Second closest city locationLaventille57 mi
- Third closest city locationPort-Of-Spain58 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChaguanas60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRio Claro65 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sunset is Crown Point (Scarborough) Airport (TAB) in Trinidad & Tobago, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunset is Piarco (Port-of-spain) Airport (POS), also in Trinidad & Tobago, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Point Salines International Airport (GND) in Grenada, 138 km (86 miles) away.
- Guiria Airport (GUI) in Venezuela is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Canouan Airport (CIW) in St.vincent/grenadines is the fifth nearest airport to Sunset and is 178 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunset, Tobago. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunset sea temperature, Sunset photographs, Sunset detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunset webcams, current wind from Tobago live weather stations and Sunset tide predictions. The Trinidad and Tobago swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Trinidad and Tobago and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Trinidad and Tobago wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunset.