Sunset Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Sunset in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the south southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rocks and locals.
Overall Sunset Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Sunset through an average July, based ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunset surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunset
Tide stations nearest to Sunset:
- Closest tide stationHaleiwa, Waialua Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaie Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoku o Loe, Kaneohe Bay Oahu Island17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWaikane, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaipi'o18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sunset:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2484 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2490 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2506 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge2528 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2530 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sunset:
- Closest city locationMililani Town16 mi
- Second closest city locationPearl City20 mi
- Third closest city locationWaipahu20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKailua27 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sunset is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunset is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Sunset and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunset, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunset sea temperature, Sunset photographs, Sunset detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunset webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Sunset tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunset.