Sunset Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.6 °C
Sunset in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the south southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rocks and locals.
Overall Sunset Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Sunset through a typical July... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunset surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunset
Visitor Reviews of Sunset
Tide stations nearest to Sunset:
- Closest tide stationHaleiwa, Waialua Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaie Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoku o Loe, Kaneohe Bay Oahu Island17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWaikane, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaipi'o18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sunset:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2484 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2490 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2506 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2528 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2530 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sunset:
- Closest city locationMililani Town (United States)16 mi
- Second closest city locationPearl City (United States)20 mi
- Third closest city locationWaimalu (United States)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaipahu (United States)20 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sunset is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunset is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Sunset and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunset, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunset sea temperature, Sunset photographs, Sunset detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunset webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Sunset tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunset.