Sunrise Spot ID
Photo credit: AuLeeFor
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
Sunrise in - is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Sunrise Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Sunrise over a normal June. It is base... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunrise surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunrise
Tide stations nearest to Sunrise:
- Closest tide stationChi Lung37 mi
- Second closest tide stationHualien City47 mi
- Third closest tide stationHsinchu57 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKubura69 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHikawa (Yonakuni Sima)73 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sunrise:
- Closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)784 mi
- Second closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)786 mi
- Third closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)798 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)814 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaEden Valley Resort (South Korea)860 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sunrise:
- Closest city locationI-lan11 mi
- Second closest city locationKeelung36 mi
- Third closest city locationTaipei37 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTa-hsi40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTaoyuan City44 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sunrise is Sungshan (Taipei) Airport (TSA) in Taiwan, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunrise is Hualien Airport (HUN), also in Taiwan, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Chiang Kai Shek International (Taipei) Airport (TPE) in Taiwan, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Yonaguni Airport (OGN) in Japan is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Taichung (Chung) Airport (TXG) in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to Sunrise and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunrise, North. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunrise sea temperature, Sunrise photographs, Sunrise detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunrise webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and Sunrise tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunrise.