Sunrise Spot ID
Photo credit: AuLeeFor
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Sunrise in - is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Sunrise Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Sunrise through a typical De... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sunrise surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sunrise
- The closest passenger airport to Sunrise is Sungshan (Taipei) Airport (TSA) in Taiwan, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sunrise is Hualien Airport (HUN), also in Taiwan, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Chiang Kai Shek International (Taipei) Airport (TPE) in Taiwan, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Yonaguni Airport (OGN) in Japan is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Taichung (Chung) Airport (TXG) in Taiwan is the fifth nearest airport to Sunrise and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sunrise, North. Use the tab navigation above to view Sunrise sea temperature, Sunrise photographs, Sunrise detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sunrise webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and Sunrise tide predictions. The Taiwan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Taiwan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Taiwan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sunrise.