Summerville Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.1 °C
Summerville on the South Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It very rarely gets crowded here.
For Port Mouton, Nova Scotia, 2 km from Summerville.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Western Head Airport, 14 km from Summerville.
|light winds from the N|
At Halifax Harbour Buoy, 81 miles from Summerville.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||8||8||8|
Overall Summerville Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Summerville over a norma... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Summerville surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nova Scotia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Summerville
Tide stations nearest to Summerville:
- Closest tide stationPort Mouton1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLiverpool Bay10 mi
- Third closest tide stationLiverpool10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLockeport21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShelburne27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Summerville:
- Closest ski areaSki Martock76 mi
- Second closest ski areaSki Wentworth137 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Jefferson (United States)173 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCrabbe Mountain183 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBigrock Ski Area (United States)191 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Summerville:
- Closest city locationHalifax78 mi
- Second closest city locationDartmouth80 mi
- Third closest city locationSaint John112 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoncton148 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFredericton166 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Summerville is Greenwood Airport (YZX) in Canada, 117 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Summerville is Shearwater (Halifax) Airport (YAW), also in Canada, 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Third is Halifax International Airport (YHZ) in Canada, 149 km (93 miles) away.
- Saint John (St. John) Airport (YSJ) in Canada is 175 km (109 miles) away.
- Greater Moncton International Airport (YQM), also in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Summerville and is 243 km (151 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Summerville, Nova Scotia. Use the tab navigation above to view Summerville sea temperature, Summerville photographs, Summerville detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Summerville webcams, current wind from Nova Scotia live weather stations and Summerville tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Summerville.