Sul Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Bahia – Sul, Brazil)
Sul Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Sul in South Bahia is an exposed reef break that only works once in a while. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Offshore winds blow from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east southeast. Both left and right reef breaks. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Sul Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Sul over a normal May and ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sul surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bahia - Sul surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sul
Visitor Reviews of Sul
Tide stations nearest to Sul:
- Closest tide stationIlheus4 mi
- Second closest tide stationMalhado6 mi
- Third closest tide stationItacare40 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCanavieiras57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCamamu63 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sul:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1940 mi
- Second closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)2287 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2297 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)2300 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2313 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sul:
- Closest city locationIlheus (Brazil)6 mi
- Second closest city locationItabuna (Brazil)19 mi
- Third closest city locationCoaraci (Brazil)38 mi
- Fourth closest city locationUbaitaba (Brazil)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCanavieiras (Brazil)57 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Sul is Ilheus Airport (IOS) in Brazil, which is 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Sul is Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes (Salvador) Airport (SSA), also in Brazil, 229 km (142 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sul, Bahia - Sul. Use the tab navigation above to view Sul sea temperature, Sul photographs, Sul detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sul webcams, current wind from Bahia - Sul live weather stations and Sul tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sul.