Stone Steps Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.4 °C
Stone Steps in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Ideal winds are from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here.
For Carlsbad, 7 km from Stone Steps.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Carlsbad, 2 km from Stone Steps.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 59 miles from Stone Steps.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||13||15|
Overall Stone Steps Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Stone Steps through an aver... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Stone Steps surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Stone Steps
Tide stations nearest to Stone Steps:
- Closest tide stationCarlsbad4 mi
- Second closest tide stationOceanside7 mi
- Third closest tide stationSolana Beach8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay23 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Stone Steps:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy79 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley79 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit81 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain82 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain88 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Stone Steps:
- Closest city locationCarlsbad4 mi
- Second closest city locationEncinitas5 mi
- Third closest city locationOceanside7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVista8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Marcos9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Stone Steps is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Stone Steps is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Stone Steps and is 81 km (50 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Stone Steps, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Stone Steps sea temperature, Stone Steps photographs, Stone Steps detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Stone Steps webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Stone Steps tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Stone Steps.