Stockton Avenue Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.9 °C
Stockton Avenue in Santa Cruz is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A reef breaks right. Best around low tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Take care of locals and sharks.
For Santa Cruz, California, 3 km from Stockton Avenue.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santa Cruz, 6 km from Stockton Avenue.
|light winds from the SW|
At Monterey Buoy, 22 miles from Stockton Avenue.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||12||12||12|
Overall Stockton Avenue Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Stockton Avenue through an ave... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Stockton Avenue surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Stockton Avenue
Tide stations nearest to Stockton Avenue:
- Closest tide stationSanta Cruz2 mi
- Second closest tide stationLive Oak4 mi
- Third closest tide stationAptos8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRio Del Mar8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElkhorn Slough, Highway 1 Bridge17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Stockton Avenue:
- Closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)140 mi
- Second closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)143 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)153 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)160 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKirkwood (United States)162 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Stockton Avenue:
- Closest city locationSanta Cruz (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationWatsonville (United States)16 mi
- Third closest city locationLos Gatos (United States)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaratoga (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Stockton Avenue is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Stockton Avenue is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Stockton Avenue and is 122 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Stockton Avenue, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Stockton Avenue sea temperature, Stockton Avenue photographs, Stockton Avenue detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Stockton Avenue webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Stockton Avenue tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Stockton Avenue.