Wainui Beach - Stockroute Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.1 °C
Stockroute(Wainui Beach) in Gisborne is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the west. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rips and rocks.
For Gisborne, New Zealand, 6 km from Wainui Beach - Stockroute.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Gisborne Airport, 9 km from Wainui Beach - Stockroute.
|light winds from the NW|
Overall Wainui Beach - Stockroute Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Wainui Beach - Stockroute ... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wainui Beach - Stockroute surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gisborne and Mahia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wainui Beach - Stockroute
Tide stations nearest to Wainui Beach - Stockroute:
- Closest tide stationGisborne4 mi
- Second closest tide stationTolaga Bay (Cooks Cove)25 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaikokopu29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWairoa River43 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaipiro Bay47 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Wainui Beach - Stockroute:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)138 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)141 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)144 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)219 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)352 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Wainui Beach - Stockroute:
- Closest city locationGisborne (New Zealand)6 mi
- Second closest city locationNapier (New Zealand)82 mi
- Third closest city locationHastings (New Zealand)93 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRotorua (New Zealand)106 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTauranga (New Zealand)125 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Stockroute (Wainui Beach) is Gisborne Airport (GIS) in New Zealand, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Stockroute (Wainui Beach) is Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand, 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand, 166 km (103 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO) in New Zealand is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Stockroute (Wainui Beach) and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wainui Beach - Stockroute, Gisborne and Mahia. Use the tab navigation above to view Wainui Beach - Stockroute sea temperature, Wainui Beach - Stockroute photographs, Wainui Beach - Stockroute detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wainui Beach - Stockroute webcams, current wind from Gisborne and Mahia live weather stations and Wainui Beach - Stockroute tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wainui Beach - Stockroute.