Steamer Lane-The Point Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Santa Cruz, USA)
Steamer Lane-The Point Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.7 °C
Steamer Lane-The Point in Santa Cruz is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks right. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Take care of rocks in the line up.
For Santa Cruz, California, 2 km from Steamer Lane-The Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santa Cruz, 5 km from Steamer Lane-The Point.
|light winds from the SE|
At Monterey Buoy, 24 miles from Steamer Lane-The Point.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||11||11|
Overall Steamer Lane-The Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Steamer Lane-The Point through an avera... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Steamer Lane-The Point surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Steamer Lane-The Point
Visitor Reviews of Steamer Lane-The Point
Tide stations nearest to Steamer Lane-The Point:
- Closest tide stationSanta Cruz1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLive Oak4 mi
- Third closest tide stationRio Del Mar7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAptos7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElkhorn Slough railroad bridge16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Steamer Lane-The Point:
- Closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)139 mi
- Second closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)142 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)152 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)160 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKirkwood (United States)161 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Steamer Lane-The Point:
- Closest city locationSanta Cruz (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationWatsonville (United States)15 mi
- Third closest city locationLos Gatos (United States)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaratoga (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Steamer Lane-The Point is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Steamer Lane-The Point is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Steamer Lane-The Point and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Steamer Lane-The Point, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view Steamer Lane-The Point sea temperature, Steamer Lane-The Point photographs, Steamer Lane-The Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Steamer Lane-The Point webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and Steamer Lane-The Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Steamer Lane-The Point.