Staircase Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.9 °C
Staircase Beach in Ventura is a reasonably exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of .
At Deer Creek (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Malibu, 5 km from Staircase Beach.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 22 miles from Staircase Beach.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||11||11||11|
Overall Staircase Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Staircase Beach over a normal Se... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Staircase Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Staircase Beach
Visitor Reviews of Staircase Beach
“Heavens, Staircase and County are like dirty little addictions. They barely give you what you need on a regular basis and I t keeps you coming back. Then every now and then you score and it's totally validated. But most of the time you work hard for it and get punked by the tides.
It's JUST consistent enough and JUST uncrowned enough and JUST fun enough to make you it's bitch....”
Shane from UNITED STATES - 13 Oct 2014
Tide stations nearest to Staircase Beach:
- Closest tide stationMugu Lagoon (ocean pier)7 mi
- Second closest tide stationMalibu11 mi
- Third closest tide stationOxnard13 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort Hueneme14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOxnard Shores17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Staircase Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)75 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)78 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)78 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)112 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)117 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Staircase Beach:
- Closest city locationCamarillo (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationThousand Oaks (United States)11 mi
- Third closest city locationOxnard (United States)13 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoorpark (United States)17 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOxnard Shores (United States)17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Staircase Beach is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Staircase Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Staircase Beach and is 82 km (51 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Staircase Beach, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Staircase Beach sea temperature, Staircase Beach photographs, Staircase Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Staircase Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Staircase Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Staircase Beach.