St Mikes Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.8 °C
St Mikes in Hibiscous Coast is a fairly exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the west northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. There is a right breaking reef. A popular wave that can get growded. Beware of sharks, shark protected,.
Overall St Mikes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This image shows the variation of swells directed at St Mikes over a normal November, b... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Mikes surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Durban/KZN South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Mikes
Tide stations nearest to St Mikes:
- Closest tide stationMargate19 mi
- Second closest tide stationUmkomaas33 mi
- Third closest tide stationDurban60 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBallitoville84 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Saint Johns91 mi
Ski Resorts closest to St Mikes:
- Closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)157 mi
- Second closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)167 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)666 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Hermon (Israel)4433 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))4444 mi
Town and city forecasts close to St Mikes:
- Closest city locationPort Shepstone (South Africa)11 mi
- Second closest city locationMargate (South Africa)19 mi
- Third closest city locationRichmond (South Africa)55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMpumalanga (South Africa)56 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDurban (South Africa)58 mi
- The closest passenger airport to St Mikes is Margate Airport (MGH) in South Africa, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St Mikes is Durban International Airport (DUR), also in South Africa, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB) in South Africa is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Umtata Airport (UTT), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to St Mikes and is 206 km (128 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Mikes, Durban/KZN South. Use the tab navigation above to view St Mikes sea temperature, St Mikes photographs, St Mikes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Mikes webcams, current wind from Durban/KZN South live weather stations and St Mikes tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Mikes.