St Joe s Island Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.1 °C
St Joe s Island in Texasis a breakwater break that does not work very often. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the west northwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the southeast. A remote wave spot that never gets crowded. Beware of .
For Aransas Channel, Texas, 1 km from St Joe s Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-PTAT2, 2 km from St Joe s Island.
|moderate winds from the SSE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 63 miles from St Joe s Island.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||5||5||6|
Overall St Joe s Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at St Joe s Island through an averag... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Joe s Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Joe s Island
Visitor Reviews of St Joe s Island
Tide stations nearest to St Joe s Island:
- Closest tide stationAransas Channel1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Aransas, Holiday Beach1 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Aransas2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAransas Pass8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Ingleside, Corpus Christi Bay10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to St Joe s Island:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)633 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)750 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)751 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)760 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)761 mi
Town and city forecasts close to St Joe s Island:
- Closest city locationCorpus Christi (United States)23 mi
- Second closest city locationKingsville (United States)55 mi
- Third closest city locationVictoria (United States)67 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHarlingen (United States)121 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdinburg (United States)127 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Joe s Island, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view St Joe s Island sea temperature, St Joe s Island photographs, St Joe s Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Joe s Island webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and St Joe s Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Joe s Island.