St Jean de Monts Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.6 °C
St Jean de Monts in Vendeeis a beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Hazards include .
Overall St Jean de Monts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at St Jean de Monts through a... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Jean de Monts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vendee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Jean de Monts
- The closest passenger airport to St Jean de Monts is Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St Jean de Monts is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Le Pontreau (Cholet) Airport (CET) in France is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to St Jean de Monts and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Jean de Monts, Vendee. Use the tab navigation above to view St Jean de Monts sea temperature, St Jean de Monts photographs, St Jean de Monts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Jean de Monts webcams, current wind from Vendee live weather stations and St Jean de Monts tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Jean de Monts.