St Jean de Monts Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.5 °C
St Jean de Monts in Vendeeis a beach break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include .
For Saint-Jean-de-Monts, 1 km from St Jean de Monts.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Avenue des Pays de Monts Saint Jean de Monts wx, 3 km from St Jean de Monts.
Overall St Jean de Monts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at St Jean de Monts through a t... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Jean de Monts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vendee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Jean de Monts
- The closest passenger airport to St Jean de Monts is Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St Jean de Monts is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Le Pontreau (Cholet) Airport (CET) in France is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to St Jean de Monts and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Jean de Monts, Vendee. Use the tab navigation above to view St Jean de Monts sea temperature, St Jean de Monts photographs, St Jean de Monts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Jean de Monts webcams, current wind from Vendee live weather stations and St Jean de Monts tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Jean de Monts.