St George Island Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
St George Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has inconsistent surf. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the south southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of - Sharks.
For Saint George Island, 12th Street W (Bayside), Saint George Sound, Florida, 2 km from St George Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Eastpointe, 7 km from St George Island.
At West Tampa Buoy, 83 miles from St George Island.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall St George Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at St George Island through a typ... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St George Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St George Island
Tide stations nearest to St George Island:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to St George Island is Tyndall Afb (Panama City) Airport (PAM) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St George Island is Tallahassee Rgnl Airport (TLH), also in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Eglin Afb (Valparaiso) Airport (VPS) in Usa (florida, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Dothan Rgnl Airport (DHN) in USA is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Hurlburt Fld (Mary Esther) Airport (HRT), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to St George Island and is 194 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St George Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view St George Island sea temperature, St George Island photographs, St George Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St George Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and St George Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St George Island.