St George Island Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.7 °C
St George Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that only works once in a while. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Beware of - Sharks.
For Saint George Island, 12th Street W (Bayside), Saint George Sound, Florida, 2 km from St George Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Eastpointe, 7 km from St George Island.
|moderate winds from the WSW|
At West Tampa Buoy, 83 miles from St George Island.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||3.8||3.9||3.9||4.0|
Overall St George Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at St George Island through a... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St George Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St George Island
Tide stations nearest to St George Island:
- Closest tide stationSaint George Island, 12th Street W (Bayside), Saint George Sound1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCat Point, Apalachicola Bay4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSaint George Island, Rattlesnake Cove, Saint George Sound6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint George Island, Sikes Cut6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint George Island, East End6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to St George Island:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont339 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley379 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain383 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley395 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee420 mi
Town and city forecasts close to St George Island:
- Closest city locationPanama City54 mi
- Second closest city locationTallahassee63 mi
- Third closest city locationDothan112 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValdosta126 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEnterprise129 mi
- The closest passenger airport to St George Island is Tyndall Afb (Panama City) Airport (PAM) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St George Island is Tallahassee Rgnl Airport (TLH), also in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Eglin Afb (Valparaiso) Airport (VPS) in Usa (florida, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Dothan Rgnl Airport (DHN) in USA is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Hurlburt Fld (Mary Esther) Airport (HRT), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to St George Island and is 194 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St George Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view St George Island sea temperature, St George Island photographs, St George Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St George Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and St George Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St George Island.