St George Island Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Gulf Coast, Florida, USA)
St George Island Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.1 °C
St George Island in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that only works when conditions are just right. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Beware of - Sharks.
For Saint George Island, 12th Street W (Bayside), Saint George Sound, Florida, 2 km from St George Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-APCF1, 12 km from St George Island.
|light winds from the ENE|
At West Tampa Buoy, 83 miles from St George Island.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||5||5||6|
Overall St George Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at St George Island through a typi... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St George Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St George Island
Visitor Reviews of St George Island
Tide stations nearest to St George Island:
- Closest tide stationSaint George Island, 12th Street W (Bayside), Saint George Sound1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCat Point, Apalachicola Bay4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSaint George Island, Rattlesnake Cove, Saint George Sound6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint George Island, Sikes Cut6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint George Island, East End6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to St George Island:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)339 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)379 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)383 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)395 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)420 mi
Town and city forecasts close to St George Island:
- Closest city locationPanama City (United States)54 mi
- Second closest city locationTallahassee (United States)63 mi
- Third closest city locationDothan (United States)112 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValdosta (United States)126 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAlbany (United States)140 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St George Island, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view St George Island sea temperature, St George Island photographs, St George Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St George Island webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and St George Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St George Island.