St Andrews Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Darren Evans
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
St Andrews Beach in Mornington Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips and sharks.
Overall St Andrews Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at St Andrews Beach through a... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Andrews Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Andrews Beach
Tide stations nearest to St Andrews Beach:
- Closest tide stationPort Phillip Heads14 mi
- Second closest tide stationHastings21 mi
- Third closest tide stationStony Point22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWesternport22 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPhillip Island22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to St Andrews Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang67 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain86 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw88 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear91 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller124 mi
Town and city forecasts close to St Andrews Beach:
- Closest city locationFrankston East26 mi
- Second closest city locationGeelong27 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing38 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelbourne47 mi
- The closest passenger airport to St Andrews Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St Andrews Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to St Andrews Beach and is 323 km (201 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Andrews Beach, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view St Andrews Beach sea temperature, St Andrews Beach photographs, St Andrews Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Andrews Beach webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and St Andrews Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Andrews Beach.