St Andrews Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Darren Evans
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.4 °C
St Andrews Beach in Mornington Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips and sharks.
Overall St Andrews Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at St Andrews Beach through an a... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single St Andrews Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of St Andrews Beach
- The closest passenger airport to St Andrews Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to St Andrews Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to St Andrews Beach and is 323 km (201 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for St Andrews Beach, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view St Andrews Beach sea temperature, St Andrews Beach photographs, St Andrews Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, St Andrews Beach webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and St Andrews Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around St Andrews Beach.