Spirits Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.1 °C
Spirits Bay in Northland is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf Offshore winds are from the south. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for .
Overall Spirits Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image shows the range of swells directed at Spirits Bay through a typical Septembe... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Spirits Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Northland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Spirits Bay
Tide stations nearest to Spirits Bay:
- Closest tide stationTe Hapua11 mi
- Second closest tide stationCape Maria van Diemen12 mi
- Third closest tide stationHouhora Harbour (Pukenui Wharf)30 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHouhora River Entrance32 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSheigis Beacon41 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Spirits Bay:
- Closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)343 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)363 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)368 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)369 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)514 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Spirits Bay:
- Closest city locationWhangarei (New Zealand)122 mi
- Second closest city locationWaitakere (New Zealand)192 mi
- Third closest city locationNorthshore (New Zealand)196 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAuckland (New Zealand)198 mi
- Fifth closest city locationManukau (New Zealand)209 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Spirits Bay is Kaitaia Airport (KAT) in New Zealand, which is 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Spirits Bay is Kerikeri Airport (KKE), also in New Zealand, 134 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Spirits Bay, Northland. Use the tab navigation above to view Spirits Bay sea temperature, Spirits Bay photographs, Spirits Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Spirits Bay webcams, current wind from Northland live weather stations and Spirits Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Spirits Bay.