Spey Bay Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Scotland – East Coast, UK)
Spey Bay Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.9 °C
Spey Bay on the East Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that has very consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Water quality is rather poor here.
Overall Spey Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Spey Bay over a normal May, based ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Spey Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Spey Bay
Visitor Reviews of Spey Bay
Tide stations nearest to Spey Bay:
- Closest tide stationBuckie5 mi
- Second closest tide stationLossiemouth8 mi
- Third closest tide stationNairn29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMoray Firth (sheet pile wall)33 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFraserburgh40 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Spey Bay:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht (United Kingdom)34 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm (United Kingdom)44 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee (United Kingdom)61 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)91 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)97 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Spey Bay:
- Closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)45 mi
- Second closest city locationAberdeen (United Kingdom)52 mi
- Third closest city locationSpittal of Glenshee (United Kingdom)60 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDundee (United Kingdom)83 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPerth (United Kingdom)89 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Spey Bay is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO) in U.k, 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Spey Bay is Inverness Airport (INV), also in U.k, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ) in U.k, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Wick Airport (WIC) in U.k. is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Dundee Airport (DND) in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Spey Bay and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Spey Bay, Scot - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Spey Bay sea temperature, Spey Bay photographs, Spey Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Spey Bay webcams, current wind from Scot - East Coast live weather stations and Spey Bay tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Spey Bay.