Spekes Mills Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.6 °C
Spekes Mills in North Devon is a quite exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. There is no beach break and there is a right hand reef break as well.. It's often crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Spekes Mills Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Spekes Mills through an ... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Spekes Mills surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Devon (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Spekes Mills
Tide stations nearest to Spekes Mills:
- Closest tide stationBude12 mi
- Second closest tide stationBideford14 mi
- Third closest tide stationBraunton17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIlfracombe23 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWadebridge36 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Spekes Mills:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre221 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise253 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club273 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common273 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss273 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Spekes Mills:
- Closest city locationBarnstaple21 mi
- Second closest city locationPlymouth46 mi
- Third closest city locationExeter48 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLlanelli49 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSwansea50 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Spekes Mills is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 71 km (44 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Spekes Mills is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Exeter Airport (EXT) in England is 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL) in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Spekes Mills and is 94 km (58 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Spekes Mills, Devon (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Spekes Mills sea temperature, Spekes Mills photographs, Spekes Mills detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Spekes Mills webcams, current wind from Devon (North) live weather stations and Spekes Mills tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Spekes Mills.