Southwick Beach State Park Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 3.0 °C
Southwick Beach State Park in Lake Ontario is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf Offshore winds blow from the northeast. There is too little fetch for groundswells to form and the best wave direction is from the west southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Troy, Hudson River, New York, 235 km from Southwick Beach State Park.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Stony Point Gravely Bay Henderson wx, 11 km from Southwick Beach State Park.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Ontario surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Southwick Beach State Park
Wave buoys nearest to Southwick Beach State Park:
- Closest wave buoy32 mi
- Second closest wave buoy232 mi
- Third closest wave buoy236 mi
- Fourth closest wave buoy257 mi
- Fifth closest wave buoy265 mi
Tide stations nearest to Southwick Beach State Park:
- Closest tide station146 mi
- Second closest tide station147 mi
- Third closest tide station150 mi
- Fourth closest tide station153 mi
- Fifth closest tide station157 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Southwick Beach State Park is Watertown International Airport (ART) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Southwick Beach State Park is Wheeler Sack Aaf (Fort Drum) Airport (GTB), also in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Kingston Airport (YGK) in Canada, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in USA is 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Griffiss Airpark (Rome) Airport (RME), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Southwick Beach State Park and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Southwick Beach State Park, Lake Ontario. Use the tab navigation above to view Southwick Beach State Park sea temperature, Southwick Beach State Park photographs, Southwick Beach State Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Southwick Beach State Park webcams, current wind from Lake Ontario live weather stations and Southwick Beach State Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Southwick Beach State Park.