South Point Spot ID
Photo credit: Sanka
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.4 °C
South Point on the South Coast is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around high tide. Often Crowded. Beware of urchins and rocks.
Overall South Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at South Point over a normal May and ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single South Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Barbados surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of South Point
Ski Resorts closest to South Point:
Town and city forecasts close to South Point:
- The closest passenger airport to South Point is Grantley Adams International (Bridgetown) Airport (BGI) in Barbados, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to South Point is Hewanorra International (Hewandorra) Airport (UVF) in St. Lucia Island, 172 km (107 miles) away.
- Third is Mustique Airport (MQS) in St.vincent/grenadines, 180 km (112 miles) away.
- E T Joshua (Kingstown) Airport (SVD) in St.vincent/grenadines is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- George F L Charles (Castries) Airport (SLU) in St. Lucia Island is the fifth nearest airport to South Point and is 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for South Point, Barbados. Use the tab navigation above to view South Point sea temperature, South Point photographs, South Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, South Point webcams, current wind from Barbados live weather stations and South Point tide predictions. The Barbados swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Barbados and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Barbados wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around South Point.