South Padre Island Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
South Padre Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
South Padre Island in Texasis a beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the west southwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
For Coast Guard Station, South Padre Island, Texas, 2 km from South Padre Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South Padre IS, 3 km from South Padre Island.
|moderate winds from the SW|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 67 miles from South Padre Island.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||8||8|
Overall South Padre Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at South Padre Island through a typ... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single South Padre Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of South Padre Island
Visitor Reviews of South Padre Island
Tide stations nearest to South Padre Island:
- Closest tide stationCoast Guard Station, South Padre Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (east end)1 mi
- Third closest tide stationPadre Island (South)2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (west end)2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSouth Bay entrance3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to South Padre Island:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)710 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)836 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)841 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)854 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)857 mi
Town and city forecasts close to South Padre Island:
- Closest city locationBrownsville (United States)24 mi
- Second closest city locationMatamoros (Mexico)25 mi
- Third closest city locationHarlingen (United States)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValle Hermoso (Mexico)51 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWeslaco (United States)52 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for South Padre Island, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view South Padre Island sea temperature, South Padre Island photographs, South Padre Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, South Padre Island webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and South Padre Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around South Padre Island.