South Padre Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.7 °C
South Padre Island in Texasis a beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the west southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the best wave direction is from the southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
For Coast Guard Station, South Padre Island, Texas, 2 km from South Padre Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-PCGT2, 3 km from South Padre Island.
|light winds from the E|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 67 miles from South Padre Island.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||-|
Overall South Padre Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at South Padre Island t... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single South Padre Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of South Padre Island
Tide stations nearest to South Padre Island:
- Closest tide stationCoast Guard Station, South Padre Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (east end)1 mi
- Third closest tide stationPadre Island (South)2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (west end)2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSouth Bay entrance3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to South Padre Island:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache710 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak836 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe841 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort854 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort857 mi
Town and city forecasts close to South Padre Island:
- Closest city locationBrownsville24 mi
- Second closest city locationMatamoros (Mexico)25 mi
- Third closest city locationHarlingen34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValle Hermoso (Mexico)51 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWeslaco52 mi
- The closest passenger airport to South Padre Island is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to South Padre Island is Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is General Servando Canales International (Matamoros) Airport (MAM) in Mexico, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- General Lucio Blanco International (Reynosa) Airport (REX) in Mexico is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Mc Allen Miller International (Mcallen) Airport (MFE) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to South Padre Island and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for South Padre Island, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view South Padre Island sea temperature, South Padre Island photographs, South Padre Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, South Padre Island webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and South Padre Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around South Padre Island.