South Padre Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.4 °C
South Padre Island in Texasis a beach break that has quite consistent surf Offshore winds are from the west southwest. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
For Coast Guard Station, South Padre Island, Texas, 2 km from South Padre Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At East Red Snapper Street South Padre Island wx, 2 km from South Padre Island.
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 67 miles from South Padre Island.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||9|
Overall South Padre Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at South Padre Island ove... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single South Padre Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of South Padre Island
Tide stations nearest to South Padre Island:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station3 mi
- The closest passenger airport to South Padre Island is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to South Padre Island is Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is General Servando Canales International (Matamoros) Airport (MAM) in Mexico, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- General Lucio Blanco International (Reynosa) Airport (REX) in Mexico is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Mc Allen Miller International (Mcallen) Airport (MFE) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to South Padre Island and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for South Padre Island, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view South Padre Island sea temperature, South Padre Island photographs, South Padre Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, South Padre Island webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and South Padre Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around South Padre Island.