South Bird Rock Spot ID
Photo credit: carles
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.2 °C
South Bird Rock in San Diego County is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. There are left and right breaking reefs. Best around mid tide when the tide is falling. It's often crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
For Crown Point, Mission Bay, California, 5 km from South Bird Rock.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Diego Airport, 13 km from South Bird Rock.
|light winds from the NNW|
Overall South Bird Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the combination of swells directed at South Bird Rock through an avera... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single South Bird Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of South Bird Rock
- The closest passenger airport to South Bird Rock is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to South Bird Rock is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 42 km (26 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to South Bird Rock and is 111 km (69 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for South Bird Rock, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view South Bird Rock sea temperature, South Bird Rock photographs, South Bird Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, South Bird Rock webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and South Bird Rock tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around South Bird Rock.