Sotto Il Castello Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.3 °C
Sotto Il Castello in Sardinia is a reasonably exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks consists of rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rips and rocks.
For Castelsardo, 3 km from Sotto Il Castello.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At nando busolin La Ciaccia wx, 9 km from Sotto Il Castello.
|light winds from the NNW|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sardinia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sotto Il Castello
- The closest passenger airport to Sotto Il Castello is Alghero Airport (AHO) in Italy, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sotto Il Castello is Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB), also in Italy, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is Sud Corse (Figari) Airport (FSC) in Corse Isl., 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Campo Dell Oro (Ajaccio) Airport (AJA) in Corse Isl. is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Solenzara Airport (SOZ), also in Corse Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Sotto Il Castello and is 129 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sotto Il Castello, Sardinia. Use the tab navigation above to view Sotto Il Castello sea temperature, Sotto Il Castello photographs, Sotto Il Castello detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sotto Il Castello webcams, current wind from Sardinia live weather stations and Sotto Il Castello tide predictions. The Italy swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Italy and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Italy wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sotto Il Castello.