Sosua Bay Spot ID
Photo credit: Mario Ruta
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Sosua Bay in Amber Coast is an exposed reef break that has very consistent waves. Winter and spring are the favoured times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. There is a right breaking reef. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for urchins and rocks.
Overall Sosua Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Sosua Bay over a normal Ja... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sosua Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Amber Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sosua Bay
Ski Resorts closest to Sosua Bay:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1303 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1305 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1313 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1314 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1319 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sosua Bay is Gregorio Luperon International (Puerto Plata) Airport (POP) in Dominican Republic, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sosua Bay is Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI), also in Dominican Republic, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic, 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ) in Dominican Republic is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Cap Haitien Airport (CAP) in Haiti is the fifth nearest airport to Sosua Bay and is 176 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sosua Bay, Amber Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Sosua Bay sea temperature, Sosua Bay photographs, Sosua Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sosua Bay webcams, current wind from Amber Coast live weather stations and Sosua Bay tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sosua Bay.