Smugglers cove Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.3 °C
Smugglers cove in Tortola is a fairly exposed reef break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. There are left and right breaking reefs. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include rocks,reef,urchins,jellyfish and sharks.
Overall Smugglers cove Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Smugglers cove through a typica... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Smugglers cove surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tortola surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Smugglers cove
Tide stations nearest to Smugglers cove:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station6 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station11 mi
- Fifth closest tide station12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Smugglers cove:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1589 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1597 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1605 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1608 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)1613 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Smugglers cove:
- The closest passenger airport to Smugglers cove is Terrance B Lettsome International (Roadtown/beef Island) Airport (EIS) in Virgin Isl., 18 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Smugglers cove is Cyril E King (St. Thomas) Airport (STT), also in Virgin Isl., 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Third is Henry E Rohlsen (St. Criox Island) Airport (STX) in Virgin Isl., 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Diego Jimenez Torres (Fajardo) Airport (FAJ) in Puerto Rico is 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Roosevelt Roads Ns Airport (NRR), also in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to Smugglers cove and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Smugglers cove, Tortola. Use the tab navigation above to view Smugglers cove sea temperature, Smugglers cove photographs, Smugglers cove detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Smugglers cove webcams, current wind from Tortola live weather stations and Smugglers cove tide predictions. The British Virgin Islands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing British Virgin Islands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from British Virgin Islands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Smugglers cove.