Sliding Rock Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.4 °C
Sliding Rock in Tutuila is an exposed beach break that does not work very often. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around high tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include rips, rocks, sharks.
For Amanave Bay, 7 km from Sliding Rock.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Pago Pago Airport, 10 km from Sliding Rock.
|moderate winds from the ESE|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Sliding Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Sliding Rock through a typical July. I... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sliding Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tutuila surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sliding Rock
Visitor Reviews of Sliding Rock
Tide stations nearest to Sliding Rock:
- Closest tide stationTafuna6 mi
- Second closest tide stationPago Pago, American Samoa10 mi
- Third closest tide stationApia75 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTau Island, Manua Islands86 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAsau Harbor, Savaii Island136 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sliding Rock:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1909 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1910 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1915 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1953 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2139 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sliding Rock:
- Closest city locationApia (Samoa)70 mi
- Second closest city locationSuva (Fiji)761 mi
- Third closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)810 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNandi (Fiji)817 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Vila (Vanuatu)1405 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Sliding Rock is Pago Pago International Airport (PPG) in Samoa, which is 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Sliding Rock is Faleolo International Airport (APW), also in Samoa, 143 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sliding Rock, Tutuila. Use the tab navigation above to view Sliding Rock sea temperature, Sliding Rock photographs, Sliding Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sliding Rock webcams, current wind from Tutuila live weather stations and Sliding Rock tide predictions. The American Samoa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing American Samoa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from American Samoa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sliding Rock.