Skerrys Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.7 °C
Skerrys in North East England is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks favour lefts. Rarely crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
Overall Skerrys Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Skerrys through a typical July. ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Skerrys surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Skerrys
Tide stations nearest to Skerrys:
- Closest tide stationEasington5 mi
- Second closest tide stationHedon10 mi
- Third closest tide stationGrimsby11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImmingham11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHull12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Skerrys:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre80 mi
- Second closest ski areaCastleside108 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club109 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common116 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAllenheads117 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Skerrys:
- Closest city locationCleethorpes12 mi
- Second closest city locationHull16 mi
- Third closest city locationBeverley20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBridlington26 mi
- Fifth closest city locationScunthorpe30 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Skerrys is Humberside Airport (HUY) in England, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Skerrys is Coningsby Airport (QCY), also in England, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Waddington Airport (WTN) in U.k., 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Marham Airport (KNF) in U.k. is the fifth nearest airport to Skerrys and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Skerrys, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Skerrys sea temperature, Skerrys photographs, Skerrys detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Skerrys webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Skerrys tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Skerrys.