Skerrys Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.3 °C
Skerrys in North East England is an exposed beach break that does not work very often. Winter and spring are the favoured times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach tend to peel to the left. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
Overall Skerrys Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Skerrys over a normal August, ba... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Skerrys surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Skerrys
Tide stations nearest to Skerrys:
- Closest tide stationEasington5 mi
- Second closest tide stationHedon10 mi
- Third closest tide stationGrimsby11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImmingham11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHull12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Skerrys:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)80 mi
- Second closest ski areaCastleside (United Kingdom)108 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)109 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)116 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAllenheads (United Kingdom)117 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Skerrys:
- Closest city locationCleethorpes (United Kingdom)12 mi
- Second closest city locationHull (United Kingdom)16 mi
- Third closest city locationBeverley (United Kingdom)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBridlington (United Kingdom)26 mi
- Fifth closest city locationScunthorpe (United Kingdom)30 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Skerrys is Humberside Airport (HUY) in England, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Skerrys is Coningsby Airport (QCY), also in England, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Waddington Airport (WTN) in U.k., 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Marham Airport (KNF) in U.k. is the fifth nearest airport to Skerrys and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Skerrys, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Skerrys sea temperature, Skerrys photographs, Skerrys detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Skerrys webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Skerrys tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Skerrys.