Skarfskerry Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.8 °C
Skarfskerry on the North Coast is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. A choice of left and right reefs. Rarely crowded here. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Skarfskerry Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Skarfskerry over a normal Ju... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Skarfskerry surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Skarfskerry
Tide stations nearest to Skarfskerry:
- Closest tide stationScrabster10 mi
- Second closest tide stationWick16 mi
- Third closest tide stationKirkwall25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLossiemouth65 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKinlochbervie65 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Skarfskerry:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht101 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm106 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee127 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNevis Range140 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort151 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Skarfskerry:
- Closest city locationInverness91 mi
- Second closest city locationAberdeen112 mi
- Third closest city locationDundee151 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth156 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGlenrothes170 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Skarfskerry is Wick Airport (WIC) in U.k., 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Skarfskerry is Kirkwall Airport (KOI) in Scotland, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO) in U.k, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Inverness Airport (INV) in U.k is 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ), also in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Skarfskerry and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Skarfskerry, Scot - North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Skarfskerry sea temperature, Skarfskerry photographs, Skarfskerry detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Skarfskerry webcams, current wind from Scot - North Coast live weather stations and Skarfskerry tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Skarfskerry.