Siyayi Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.3 °C
Siyayi in Kwazulu-Natal is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the optimum conditions. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast.. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for sharks and sharks.
Overall Siyayi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Siyayi over a normal February. It ... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Siyayi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to KZN North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Siyayi
- The closest passenger airport to Siyayi is Richards Bay (Richard's Bay) Airport (RCB) in South Africa, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Siyayi is Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi (Ulundi) Airport (ULD), also in South Africa, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Durban International Airport (DUR) in South Africa is 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Siyayi and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Siyayi, KZN North. Use the tab navigation above to view Siyayi sea temperature, Siyayi photographs, Siyayi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Siyayi webcams, current wind from KZN North live weather stations and Siyayi tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Siyayi.