Sixtynine Spot ID
Photo credit: Devera
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.1 °C
Sixtynine in Big Island is a fairly exposed beach break that has reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall Sixtynine Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Sixtynine through a typical September.... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sixtynine surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sixtynine
Tide stations nearest to Sixtynine:
- Closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island4 mi
- Second closest tide stationMahukona Island15 mi
- Third closest tide stationKailua Kona, Big Island25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHolualoa25 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNapoopoo, Kealakekua Bay Island35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sixtynine:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2464 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2466 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2475 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2486 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)2489 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sixtynine:
- Closest city locationHilo (United States)52 mi
- Second closest city locationKahului (United States)75 mi
- Third closest city locationKailua (United States)157 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHonolulu (United States)158 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)161 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sixtynine is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sixtynine is Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO), also in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Sixtynine and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sixtynine, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Sixtynine sea temperature, Sixtynine photographs, Sixtynine detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sixtynine webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Sixtynine tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sixtynine.