Sissano Lagoon Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.3 °C
Sissano Lagoon in Sandaun is an exposed river break that has reasonably consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the south southwest. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the north northwest. The river breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Sissano Lagoon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Sissano Lagoon through an averag... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sissano Lagoon surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sandaun surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sissano Lagoon
Tide stations nearest to Sissano Lagoon:
- Closest tide stationAitape21 mi
- Second closest tide stationVanimo58 mi
- Third closest tide stationJayapura101 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWewak113 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSepik River181 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sissano Lagoon:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)2310 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)2343 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)2344 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)2349 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2349 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sissano Lagoon:
- Closest city locationJayapura (Indonesia)101 mi
- Second closest city locationAbepura (Indonesia)107 mi
- Third closest city locationMendi (Papua New Guinea)242 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMount Hagen (Papua New Guinea)246 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMadang (Papua New Guinea)298 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Sissano Lagoon is Sentani (Jayapura) Airport (DJJ) in Indonesia, which is 181 km (112 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Sissano Lagoon is Wewak International Airport (WWK) in Papua New Guinea, 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sissano Lagoon, Sandaun. Use the tab navigation above to view Sissano Lagoon sea temperature, Sissano Lagoon photographs, Sissano Lagoon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sissano Lagoon webcams, current wind from Sandaun live weather stations and Sissano Lagoon tide predictions. The Papua New Guinea swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Papua New Guinea and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Papua New Guinea wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sissano Lagoon.