Silverbacks Spot ID
Photo credit: eric De Arriba Diaz
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.9 °C
Silverbacks in Bocas del Torro is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the northeast. A right hand reef. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rocks, rips etc.
Overall Silverbacks Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Silverbacks through an averag... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Silverbacks surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bocas del Toro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Silverbacks
Tide stations nearest to Silverbacks:
- Closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay4 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlmirante14 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedregal71 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLimon72 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGolfito83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Silverbacks:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1316 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1746 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1774 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1776 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1781 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Silverbacks:
- Closest city locationDavid (Panama)67 mi
- Second closest city locationPuerto Limon (Costa Rica)73 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Isidro (Costa Rica)103 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTurrialba (Costa Rica)108 mi
- Fifth closest city locationParaiso (Costa Rica)118 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Silverbacks is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Silverbacks is Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX), also in Panama, 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Silverbacks and is 120 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Silverbacks, Bocas del Toro. Use the tab navigation above to view Silverbacks sea temperature, Silverbacks photographs, Silverbacks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Silverbacks webcams, current wind from Bocas del Toro live weather stations and Silverbacks tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Silverbacks.