Shit Creek Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.0 °C
Shit Creek in County Clare is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Right and better left hand reef breaks.. Best around mid tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for rocks / rips.
Overall Shit Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Shit Creek through an average Ma... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shit Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Clare surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shit Creek
Ski Resorts closest to Shit Creek:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)284 mi
- Second closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)313 mi
- Third closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)314 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)316 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shit Creek is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shit Creek is Galway Airport (GWY), also in Ireland, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Shit Creek and is 133 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shit Creek, Clare. Use the tab navigation above to view Shit Creek sea temperature, Shit Creek photographs, Shit Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shit Creek webcams, current wind from Clare live weather stations and Shit Creek tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shit Creek.